Comment moderation policy
We encourage open and active debate but comments will be moderated to ensure the
blog is used appropriately and to protect against spam. This means comments will only be published after they have been read by an AusAID staff member. We aim to publish comments as soon as possible. To help us do this, please:
- Protect your privacy and that of others. Do not include personal information (such as email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers) of either yourself or of others in your comments.
- Be civil and respectful of others and their opinions. Keep your comments polite. Comments that are inflammatory, unreasonable or obscene will be removed. Do not publish anything that could offend, humiliate or intimidate another person, or has the potential to damage the reputation of the agency or the Australian Government.
- Represent your own views. Do not attempt impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
- Be apolitical. This is an apolitical page and as such, posts that are
political in content and/or nature will be removed.
- Maintain a suitable standard of conversation in plain English. Comments in languages other than English will be removed.
- Post comments that are relevant: Solicitations or advertisements are not allowed and will be removed. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Links to non-Government websites or inappropriate posts will be removed at AusAID’s discretion.
- Take responsibility for your comments: You understand that this is a public website and by taking part in discussions here your comments are shared in the public domain.
The blog is moderated business hours (AEDT), Monday to Friday.
You may also like to refer to the copyright and disclaimer information for AusAID’s online content. We reserve the right to close comments on posts after a reasonable time period or reasonable number of comments.
Personal information collected by AusAID is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information is information relating to an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion provided. For more information on AusAID’s privacy statement please visit our website.
AusAID provides external links solely for our readers’ information and convenience. When blog readers click on a link to an external website, they are leaving the blog and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the external website.
- Is not responsible for any website content on any information contained on an external website
- Does not endorse website content on any information contained on an external website
- Can not and does not authorise the use of copyrighted materials contained in external websites. Users must request such authorization from owners of the external website
- Uses a range of in-house and copyrighted photos. Users must check captions/ALT tags to determine source of photos. Users can request permission from AusAID to use AusAID photos via email@example.com