Each week on Engage, we aim to share with you a selection of links to articles and stories about the Australian aid program and international development that we find interesting or noteworthy. Here’s a snapshot of online stories this week:
- A recent post by Owen Barder about three lessons from Britain’s Multilateral Aid Review.
- An Australian Youth Ambassador for Development (AYAD) reflects on her first month as a Climate Change Research Officer in the Philippines.
- Part of a new conversation launched by the World Bank is a question going global: What Will It Take to End Poverty?
- In Susan Reichle’s blog post on USAID’s Impact, she talks about the MDGs and the 2015 deadline.
- Benchmarking the performance of state owned enterprises in PNG—Laure Darcy’s post discusses the findings in a study recently launched by the Asian Development Bank.
- This week Prime Minister Julia Gillard delivered a speech to the United Nations General Assembly—Practical progress towards realizing those ideals in the world.
- Biman Chand Prasad discusses the key issues facing the Pacific and options for further development.