Each week on Engage, we aim to share with you a selection of links to articles and stories about the Australian aid program and international development that we find interesting or noteworthy. Here’s a snapshot of online stories this week:
- Our investment in Africa is starting to pay dividends writes Richard Marles, Parliamentary Secretary for Pacific Island Affairs and Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs.
- What makes an effective non-profit? Akhila Kolisetty puts forward her own ideas based on her experience in the non-profit sector.
- Check out this infographic on The Conversation displaying global refugee populations from 1975 to 2010.
- Alice Newton agrees that transparency about aid is important, but she says we can do much more with development data.
- The water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and HIV sectors share many parallels, writes Vanessa Varonese.